... with unfold travel.
“In Venice you can see everything in two days!”
is what many people think, not considering that there is more to Venice than Saint Mark’s Square and the Rialto Bridge.
Venice offers something for every kind of traveller depending on your wishes and interests. So, high time for some serious soul searching regarding what you expect from your stay in Venice.
The active traveller
Would you like to get active yourself and take in the beauty of nature & wonderful views of the city during your holiday in Venice?
Then definitely have a look at our "Bike, history and aperitivo tour" (click here) on beautiful Lido Island with Abigail who will take you around the “Golden Island” padeling past stunning liberty style buildings and the Palazzo del Cinema getting a Hollywood-star-melting-pot during the Film Festival in September. On your way you will take in the beauty of Lido island with its green alleyways, gardens and beach side, topping it off with a Venetian aperitivo!
Or would you rather feel like a gondolier yourself and take a rowing lesson through the Venetian canals learning the local "voga alla veneta"rowing style?
The art & history lover
The Doge’s Palace & Saint Mark’s Basilica are ... not without a reason ...the must sees in Venice, but don’t deceive yourself: The city on the water has even more stunning monuments and museums to offer:
1) The Guggenheim Museum, home to the “last dogaressa” Peggy Guggenheim who was also buried in the garden of the today museum.
2) The famous Art Biennale that was founded more than 100 years ago in Venice and is on view till November 2022. The 59th edition, “The milk of dreams”, is inspired and named after a book by Leonora Carrington. Join Ilaria on a tour discovering (click here) the deeper meaning of the artworks located in the Arsenale and Giardini area!
3) One of our favourite museums in Venice is Ca' Rezzonico, the Museum about the 18thcentury, where you can cross the threshold into one of the most breathtaking & richly decorated palazzi in Venice boasting a ballroom that is two floors high!
4) Discover the Scuola Grande di San Rocco considered Venice' Sixtine Chapel: It is here that the famous Venetian Renaissance painter Tintoretto, who is also considered the first "producer" in history (discover why with us!), decorated the halls with more than 60 paintings that will make your jaw drop.
5) The Frari Church, holding the tombs of Titian and Canova and some of the most important works in the history of art, the Church of Saint Sebastian (boasting stunning paintings and frescoes by Veronese that can be considered the "virtual reality" of the 16th century), the Madonna dell’Orto Church, the Accademia Gallery, ... are only some of the jewels that you shouldn't miss during your stay in Venice.
Put your map away and join us on a tour through the different districts “sestieri”of Venice, following our guides through the maze of streets & canals and listening to the stones of Venice who tell stories, legends & anecdotes of the past.
Combine this expedition with a visit to a gondola workshop, the palace and the private garden of a Countess, or ...
Did we convince you that there is more to Venice than the eye beholds?
We will gladly advise you and organize a tailor made tour or tour package for you, your friends and/or your family and kids to get the best out of your stay in Venice.
Feel free to contact us for a tailor made tour/tour package or have a look at our pre-designed tiny group tours (click here).
Last but not least
We offer barrierfree tours in Venice, like the HiddenCorners: Rialto with all senses (English/German), Art Biennale: The milk of dreams (English), Venice and the plague (German) - just click here!